Job Information Accountant
Job Type Full-time
Category AccountingJob Status
Start Publishing 03-10-2018
Stop Publishing 31-10-2018Description
We are looking for a qualified Accountant to support our Finance Director on our farm located in St. Ann.
The incumbent will prepare, compute, manage, research and analyze all accounting data, to provide quantitative information on the performance, financial position, solvency, liquidity and the cash flows of our business.
The ideal candidate will fulfil the following types of deliverables and responsibilities:
- Monthly GCT preparation, reconciliation and submission
- Taxation schedule monitoring to ensure companyís compliance
- Assist with internal and external audits to include preparation of audit schedules and explaining supporting materials and procedures.
- Updates, monitor and reconcile Inventory and Fixed Assets Registers
- CAPEX Project Accounting and monitoring
- Monitors and maintains Accounts Payable/ Receivable as well as banking relationships
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements to include a monthly balance sheet, income statement as well as budget variances, various operational reports and cash flow
- Monthly reviews with supervisors to enhance cost awareness and review variance
- Review purchase orders and invoices and update system
- Ensure monthly account schedules are prepared and reconciled to the general ledger and financial package submitted to HQ
- Ensure all accounting records are adequately sorted, filed and stored
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Finance Director.
Profile and Qualifications:
- ACCA, CPA or BSc in Accounting or related qualifications
- 3+ years of relevant experience in accounting positions in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in a start-up will be an advantage
- Knowledge of the Local Accounting and Statutory reporting requirements in Jamaica, as well as the Local Tax regulations.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) - an advantage
- Ability to perform large amounts of numerical detail work with speed and accuracy
- Excellent business acumen and problem-solving capabilities
- Understands the linkage of business processes and decisions to financial results
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication skills
- IT proficiency-Very Strong Microsoft Office knowledge to include Excel.
- Experience in multiple Accounting Software Packages to include QuickBooks, Sage, etc. is preferred
Interested candidates can submit their applications to: email@example.com before October 31, 2018. We would like to thank all interested applicants in advance. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.