Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position at the Nursing Council of Jamaica. REGISTRAR (GMG/SEG 3)
Under the general direction of the Nursing Council of Jamaica, the incumbent operates under the Nurses and Midwives Act 1964 and Regulations 1966. The Registrar as the Chief Executive Officer has responsibility for the management, administrative and advisory services, budgetary preparation and the exercise of fiscal prudency for the effective functioning of Council’s operations. He/She has responsibility for interpreting the Act, Council’s strategic, business and operational plans, ensuring that they are implemented to the required standard.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Provides sound leadership and strategic management in the proper execution of the provisions of the Act.
- Provides operational management and administration of the office of the Nursing Council, its assets and properties
- Provides direction for the operational management and security of the Nursing Council qualifying examination and licensure.
- Ensures frugal fiscal management and financial sustainability of the Council.
- Establishes and maintains strategic alliances with critical stakeholders.
- Manages the staff in the effective implementation of Council’s decisions, standards and policies.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Registered Nurse, Registered Midwife and Nurse Educator
- At least a first degree in Nursing Education or Nursing Administration
- Minimum of five (5) years post RN/RM experience in Administration /Management exclusive of training years.
- Excellent organizational, managerial, planning, problem solving and leadership skills.
- Possesses good interpersonal relationship and communications skills
- Be results related and able to meet deadlines in accordance with the Nurses and Midwives Act, 1966
- Proficient in the use of relevant computer applications
Interested persons may apply in writing, accompanied by resumes with contact information for 2 referees. Applications must be submitted no later than June 21, 2019 to:
Nursing Council of Jamaica
50 Half Way Tree Road
Please note that responses will be sent to short- listed applicants only