Job Information Data Control Supervisor (MIS/IT 3) Company InformationJob InformationDescription
Company Government of Jamaica
Contact Name Office of the Services Commission
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type Full-time
Department Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries
Posted 02-08-2022Job Status
Start Publishing 02-08-2022
Stop Publishing 13-08-2022
Applications are invited to fill the post of Data Control Supervisor (MIS/IT 3) – (vacant) in the Information and Communication Technology Unit, Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries, salary range $1,147,933 – $1,364,532 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.:
Under the direct supervision of the Director (MIS/IT 8), the Data Control Supervisor (MIS/IT 3) ensures the correct use of computer and peripherals for the input of data and information, production of reports, and performs basic administrative functions in the Unit.
- Develops and maintains a proper Filing System to facilitate easy access, retrieval and security of files;
- Controls the movement of files between the Director, staff of the Unit and other Departments;
- Maintains a log of incoming and outgoing correspondence, reports and source documents;
- Organizes Staff Meetings, prepares Minutes and disseminates information within the Unit;
- Manages the personal files of Employees of the Unit and updates leave applications and bio-data for Director’s signature;
- Answers Helpdesk telephone, logs requests, dispatches User Support Technicians and maintains appropriate Service Records;
- Prepares reports and performs other duties as directed by the Director.
- Maintains a log of source documents entering the Unit for processing;
- Examines and interprets source documents and user manuals for the establishment of databases and computer files;
- Keypunches and verifies data and text according to source documents and keypunching instructions;
- Consults with Programmers/Systems Analyst/Applications Manager to define and resolve problems in entering data or text and/or running computer programmes;
- Assists Data Entry Technicians to define and resolve problems in entering data or text and/or running computer programmes;
- Produces computer processed outputs;
- Examines computer outputs for accuracy and completeness;
- Reports any malfunctioning of computers and peripherals;
- Documents and reports all problems and causes for interruption in the processing of data and information and the production of reports;
- Train Data Entry Technicians (permanent or contracted) in the interpretation of source documents, keypunching instructions, editing and coding documents, keypunching and verifying data and producing reports;
- Reviews the work of Data Entry Technicians for completeness and accuracy.
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of direct reports, prepares Performance Appraisals and recommends and/or initiates corrective action where necessary to improve performance and/or attaining established personal and/or organizational goals;
- Participates in the recruitment of staff for the Division/Unit and recommends transfer, promotions, termination and leave in accordance with the established Human Resource Policies and Procedures;
- Provides leadership and guidance to direct reports through effective planning, delegation, communication, training, mentoring and coaching;
- Ensures the welfare and developmental needs of staff in the Division/Unit clearly identified and addressed;
- Establishes and maintains a system that fosters a culture of teamwork, employee empowerment and commitment to the Division’s and Organization’s goals;
- Performs other related duties from time to time as instructed by the Senior Director, Human Resource Management and Development.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Teamwork and co-operation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Customer and quality focus
- Microsoft Operating Systems and Office Applications
- Data and document management skills
- Office administration and procedures
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- B. Sc. in Engineering, Computer Science or related field from a recognized Tertiary Institution; or
- Associate Degree / Diploma in Engineering, Computer Science or related field and one (1) year experience in a similar position.
Special Conditions Associated with the Job
- Critical deadlines to be met;
- Exposure to computer monitor for long periods.
Applications accompanied by résumés should be submitted no later than Friday, 12th August, 2022 to:
Human Resource Management and Development Division
Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please ensure that a copy of this circular is placed at a strategic position on the Notice Board of the Ministry/Department/Agency and brought to the attention of all eligible officers.