Job Information Assistant Manager – Direct Marketing Company InformationJob Information
Company Sagicor Jamaica
Contact Email email@example.com
Job Type Full-time
Department Sagicor Life Jamaica Ltd.
Category Sales & Marketing
Posted 21-03-2023Job Status
Start Publishing 21-03-2023
Stop Publishing 28-03-2023
"Looking for a diverse and rewarding career?
If you're looking to grow your career within a stable and growing financial services company, then Sagicor may be right for you!"
Sagicor Life Jamaica Limited is seeking a suitable candidate to join our Group Insurance Services – Administration team in the capacity of:
Assistant Manager – Direct Marketing
As an Assistant Manager – Direct Marketing, you will:
- Monitor the performance of direct reports as well as the policies within the assigned portfolio ensuring that team members are addressing clients’ requests promptly, efficiently and courteously.
- Provide training and effective supervision of team members with the objective of ensuring excellent service to clients and annual renewal of schemes by all Policyholders.
- Ensure the procedures and processes for administering the portfolio of Group Life/ Health within the Direct Marketing Portfolio are adequate for delivering a high level of service to our Clients.
- Continually seek out and implement ways to meet or exceed clients’ expectations and service quality on a consistent basis.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationship with the Plan Administrators for each scheme and the Employee Benefits Division Marketing team.
- Ensure that all outputs to clients are correct and delivered within acceptable timeframes.
- Ensure the timely processing of Plan closures for terminated Group Life & Health Cases.
- Ensure all processes related to excess coverage are dealt with expeditiously based on established procedures.
- Supervise assigned team members:
- Ensure performance appraisals are conducted, including setting SMART objectives, providing regular feedback and completing formal appraisal process.
- Approve and track Leave requisitions and attendance for team members.
- Recommend changes in work processes and procedures.
- Recommend team members for training.
- Manage Billing Processes:
- Monitor output from the system to ensure that data reflected on invoices is correct based on processes during the past month.
- Maintain responsibility for the collection of monthly premiums and take appropriate action to ensure that at no time more than one month’s premium is overdue.
- Communicate with clients:
- Monitor the list of past due clients who have more than three (3) months premiums outstanding and submit delinquency list to the Legal Department.
- Maintain on-going communication by the most expedient method, to keep clients informed and advised.
- Perform any other related duties assigned from time to time.
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Studies, Business Administration or related discipline from a recognized tertiary institution.
- In pursuit of HIAA, FLMI or ACS designations.
- At least five (5) years’ working experience in the insurance industry.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ working experience at the supervisory level, preferably within Employee Benefits.
- In-depth knowledge of Group Life and Health Insurance policy contracts and computer software systems.
- Demonstrated performance of customer service and accounting practices.
- Excellent human relations, written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of computer software packages such as Lotus, spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Ability to undertake research, analyse results and make decisions.
If this role is of interest to you, kindly submit an application via Sagicor's career portal no later than March 28, 2023.
While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.