Job Information Warehouse Technician (GMG/AM 3) Company InformationJob InformationDescription
Company Government of Jamaica
Contact Name Office of the Services Commission
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type Full-time
Department Executive Agency
Posted 23-11-2022Job Status
Start Publishing 23-11-2022
Stop Publishing 01-12-2022
Applications are invited to fill the following vacant post in the Public Expenditure Policy Co-ordination Division, Ministry of Finance and the Public Service (MOFPS): Warehouse Technician (GMG/AM 3)
Under the general leadership and direction of the Manager, Asset Custody and Warehousing, the Warehousing Technician provides support to branch by ensuring the warehouse is clean, organized and stocked. The Warehouse Technician prepare, receive, order and dispatch warehouse deliveries in accordance with agreed service levels and regulatory requirements.
- Receives and organizes assets based on the schedule/listings of Assets for Disposal from the Asset Monitoring Section;
- Unloads, unpacks, inspects, loads, moves, stores and records the movements and storage locations of assets and equipment within the warehouse and as necessary inputs information on various data bases;
- Loads and unloads assets by hand or using mechanical lifting equipment;
- Liaises with Asset Sales and Auctions Section to determine plans and priorities for future sales and auctions to trigger preparation of assets;
- Reconciles discrepancies in the Warehouse Inventory;
- Performs Stocktaking and Cycle Count Functions, investigates and reconciles discrepancies;
- Determines appropriate transportation methods and co-ordinates pickup with clients;
- Ensures the security of the warehouse, completes housekeeping duties to maintain the Warehouse in a clean, tidy and safe condition and reference materials current;
- Maintains Warehouse lights, doors, crates (used for content storage) and fire extinguishers ensuring functionality and organizing contractor repairs where applicable;
- Participates in and demonstrates an understanding of safety principles and practices; follows all safety policies and procedures to support a safe working environment, including safe operation of machines and equipment;
- Communicates job site conditions and concerns that may or are affecting completion of the job to Manager, Asset Custody and Warehousing.
- Contributes to the development of the Branch’s Strategic and Operational Plans and Budget;
- Develops Individual Work Plans based on alignment to the Branch’s Plan;
- Participates in sittings of Committee, meetings, seminars, workshops and conferences as required;
- Prepares reports as required.
- Human Resources:
- Participates in preparation and implementation of presentations on role of Division/Unit for the Orientation/Onboarding Programme;
- Contributes and maintains in a harmonious working environment.
- Customer Service:
- Maintains Customer Service principles, standards and measurements;
- Performs any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- In-depth knowledge of Logistics and Inventory control principles and practices
- knowledge of warehousing practices
- Ability to maintain records
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written-instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Physical strength and agility sufficient to perform the work
- Knowledge of computerized systems and software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer relations skills
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Proficiency in the use of relevant computer applications
- Excellent interpersonal and team management skills
- Strong customer relations skills
- Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Associate Degree/Diploma/NVQ-J in Logistics, Operations Management, Engineering, or a related discipline;
- One (1) years’ experience in a Private, NGO or Public Sector Management environment, working with Logistics and Warehousing principles and practices.
- Special Conditions Associated with the Job
- Work will be conducted in a fast-paced environment with on-going interactions with critical stakeholders and meeting tight deadlines using specialized software, which will result in high degrees of pressure, on occasions. There will be:
- Frequent lifting from 2.25 18.5kg, unassisted (from 35-65% of the time)
- Occasional lifting from 18.5 kg +, assisted (up to 50% of the time)
- Access and mobility in tight spaces
- Working at Heights over 5 feet, periodically
- Required to operate forklift, hoist and related logistically equipment
- Sustained periods of standing, sitting, walking, bending, and kneeling.
Applications accompanied by Résumés should be submitted no later than Wednesday, 30th November, 2022 to:
Senior Director, Human Resource Management and Development
Ministry of Finance and the Public Service
30 National Heroes Circle
Detailed information about the position can be accessed on the Ministry’s website www.mof.gov.jm:
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.