Job Information Senior Public Relations Officer (MCG/IE 5) Company InformationJob InformationDescription
Job Type Full-time
Posted 29-06-2022Job Status
Start Publishing 29-06-2022
Stop Publishing 09-07-2022
Applications are invited to fill the post of Senior Public Relations Officer (MCG/IE 5) in the Client Services, Communications and Information Division, Court Administration Division
Salary range: $2,104,355 - $2,501,416 per annum and any other allowances attached to the post.
Key Responsibility Areas: -
- Ensures payment is processed according to CAD and Government of Jamaica policies and guidelines;
- Liaises with the key officers within the Judiciary to ensure adequate co-ordination of coverage of events;
- Liaises with protocol unit to ensure that information prepared for the Chief Justice, President, Court of Appeal and other members of the Judiciary are appropriate;
- Liaises with the Jamaica Information Service and other Media Houses to ensure coverage of the Judiciary’s activities.
- Liaises with external stakeholder groups to gather and present information on the operations, programmes and projects in the Courts.
- Establishes and maintains systems/programmes to foster a culture of “service and teamwork” within the section
- Plans and supervises the production of educational material and execution of media campaigns.
- Researches and prepares content for the CAD, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court websites
- Collaborates with Head of Division to prepare CAD quarterly presentations and reports.
- Oversees preparation of content for the CAD's quarterly Newsletter
- Liaises with Head of Divisions to prepare stories and features for the CAD's Newsletter.
- Disseminates information on the Judiciary's programmes and policies to both internal and external customers.
- Prepares written reports on relevant issues and problems
- for the information of the Director, Court Administration, President, Court of Appeal and Chief Justice.
- Monitors media to provide research support for adequate response
- Engages media to develop and maintain professional contacts and relationships
- Manage Social Media websites for the Judiciary.
- Manages the welfare and development of direct reports through the preparation of performance appraisals and recommendation of required training and development programmes
- Provides leadership to staff through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication.
- Provides guidelines to staff through coaching, mentoring and training, providing assistance and support as needed.
- Participates in the recruitments of staff for the section.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Justice Sector and Court programmes, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the operations and contracts within media organisations
- Knowledge of research methods and electronic data management
- Excellent interpersonal skill
- Experience/qualification in office administration
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skill.
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in Mass Communication/Public Relations from a recognised institution
- Professional training in effective Public Speaking
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in communication/public relations, in an organisation of similar size and complexity
- Experience using content management systems for website management
- Experience with event planning
- Experience with online content creation.
Applications accompanied by résumés should be emailed no later than Friday, July 08, 2022 to the:
Human Resource Management & Administration
Court Administration Division
8th Floor, The Towers
25 Dominica Drive, Kingston 5
We appreciate all expressions of interest.
However, only shortlisted applicants, will be contacted.