Applications are invited to fill the following vacant post in the Department of Co-operatives and Friendly Societies (Hope Complex): Senior Compliance Officer (FMG/AS 3), salary range $4,060,697 $5,461,186 per annum.
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Manager (GMG/SEG 3), the Senior Compliance Officer (FMG/AS 3) ensures internal policies and procedures are adhered to in accordance with standards of the Financial Administration and Audit Act (FAA Act) and the internal controls are adequate for the maintenance of integrity and transparency in the P.C Bank’s operation.
- Plans, organizes and co-ordinates inspections and audit interventions to ensure timely and adequate resources for these interventions;
- Administers inspection and audits within budgetary allocations;
- Reviews and compiles Inspection and Audit Reports;
- Participates in Department’s Strategic Planning process;
- Develops Operational Plan and specific approaches to interventions;
- Develops schedules for Inspectors and Assistance Inspectors to assist in carrying out audits and inspections;
- Represents the Organization at meetings and seminars/conferences;
- Liaises with other institutions re Departmental issues e.g. audit firms on external audit matters;
- Assists with the development of Budgets, Operational and Work Plans.
- Conducts Risk Assessment to determine key areas of audit;
- Reviews and revises working papers of Department;
- Writes Audit Reports stating deficiencies, implications/deviation and makes recommendations;
- Submits Audit Report for perusal and subsequent actions by Board;
- Analyzes PC Bank financial performance by calculating and interpreting financial ratios;
- Reviews policy documents and plans for the P. C. Bank;
- Reviews Fit and Proper Questionnaires for Directors, Committee Members, Senior Staff of the P. C. Bank;
- Reviews all Reports generated by staff to detect and prevent breaches of the Rules and Acts and Regulations;
- Reviews the Annual Returns for conformity to the Rules, Acts and Regulations;
- Attends Board, Annual and Special General Meetings to provide technical advice;
- Liaises with external entities to facilitate strategies for the promotion and development of Societies/Registered Charitable Organization;
- Monitors and facilitates the conducting of Special Investigations and Enquiries into the operations of societies;
- Provides technical assistance and guidance in interpretation and application of the Rules, Act and Regulations.
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of direct reports, prepares Performance Appraisals and recommends and/or initiates corrective action where necessary to improve performance and /or attaining established personal and/or organizational goals;
- Participates in the recruitment of staff for the Section/Unit and recommends transfer, promotions, termination and leave in accordance with the established Human Resource policies and procedures;
- Collaborates with the Human Resource Division to develop and implement a Succession Planning Programme for the Division/Unit to facilitate continuity and the availability of required skills and competencies to meet the needs of the Division;
- Provides leadership and guidance to direct reports through effective planning, delegation, communication, training, mentoring and coaching;
- Ensures the welfare and developmental needs of staff in the Division/Unit are clearly identified and addressed;
- Establishes and maintains a systems that fosters a culture of teamwork, employee empowerment and commitment to the Section’s Organization’s goals;
- Completes performance evaluations for direct reports;
- Performs any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Good analytical thinking skills
- Goal/results oriented
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organizing and planning skills
- Good problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Good leadership skills
- Social skills
- Strategic vision
- Strong customer and quality focus skills
- Teamwork and co-operation
- Technical skills
- People Management
- Knowledge of the operations of Government/Ministry’s policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of the Acts, Regulations and Rules governing the Departments functions
- Proficient in relevant software applications
- Good Report writing skills
- Knowledge of the operations and processes of the P. C. Bank
- Knowledge of Co-operatives and Friendly Societies principles
- First Degree preferably in Accounts, Finance, Business Administration, Management or Economics;
- ACCA Fundamentals or equivalent; plus, over two (2) years’ but less than five (5) years’ experience in the specialized area;
- Successful completion of Government auditing courses and Professional Audit Training would be an asset.
Special Conditions Associated with the Job
- Will be required to travel island-wide;
- Will be required to work outside the normal working hours in completing the work programme and on weekend;
- Highly unfavourable working conditions at times.
Applications accompanied by résumés should be submitted no later than Monday, 6th February, 2023 to:
Director, Human Resource Management and Development
Ministry of Industry, Investment and Commerce
4 St. Lucia Avenue
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.