Applications are invited from suitably qualified officers in their Ministries/Departments/Agencies to be assigned to the following post in the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries: Secretary 2 (OPS/SS 2) – (Not Vacant), in the Facilities and Property Management Branch, salary range $751,183 - $892,921 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Under the supervision of the Civil Works Engineer (SOG/ST 8), the Secretary 2 OPS/SS2), is responsible for providing secretarial services to ensure the effective and efficient operations of the Unit.
- Types letters, memoranda, bill of quantities, contracts and reports from draft notes;
- Transcribes and reproduces Minutes of meetings;
- Composes and types routine correspondence;
- Receives and takes telephone messages and screens calls intended for Officers;
- Schedules appointments and arranges meetings;
- Directs and screens visitors;
- Maintains an efficient Filing System;
- Gathers information and compiles reports;
- Monitors the Office Attendant;
- Provides training to work experience students;
- Undertakes research and distributes information to the relevant officers;
- Accesses and forwards e-mails to the relevant officers;
- Receives, forwards and directs fax to the relevant officers;
- Performs any other related duties which may be assigned from time to time.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good customer and quality focus skills
- Good problem solving and conflict management skills
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Good time management skills
- Proficiency in keyboarding skills
- Proficiency in the relevant software applications
- Knowledge of the operations of Government/Ministry’s policies and procedures
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- CXC or GCE ‘O’ Level English Language or equivalent with proficiency in typewriting at a speed of 40-45 words per minute; successful completion of the prescribed Office
- Professional Training Course at the Management Institute for National Development (MIND);
- CXC or GCE ‘O’ Level English Language with proficiency in typewriting at a speed of 40-
45 words per minute and training in word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Graduated from an accredited Secretarial School with at least three (3) years’ experience in the field;
At this level, Shorthand at a speed of 80-100 words per minute would be an asset.
Applications accompanied by résumés should be submitted no later than Tuesday September 21, 2021 to:
Human Resource Management and Development Division
Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.