The Jamaica Information Service (JIS), an Executive Agency, invites applications from suitably qualified professionals for the following position: Reporter
Salary range: $1,031,432-$1,411,240 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Reporting to the Managing Editor, the successful candidate will be required to cover assignments and write News Releases & Feature Stories about the Government of Jamaica's programmes and policies.
- Cover Government assignments to produce News Releases and Feature Stories.
- Conduct interviews to write updates on Government projects, News Releases and Feature Stories.
- Write captions for photographs to accompany News Releases and Feature Stories.
- Research information on Government's policies, programmes and projects for news features.
Key Competencies, Qualificatications
- First degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Mass Communication or English. A postgraduate qualification in Journalism is highly desirable although not essential.
- At least 2 years experience as a Reporter, in the Newspaper or News Agency Industry.
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing and to conduct in-depth interviews with Government Officials and Sector Leaders.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications, particularly Microsoft Word,
- Team oriented with strong work ethic and the ability to multitask & meet tight deadlines.
Applications along with résumés should be forwarded no later than June 22, 2021 to:
Director, Human Resources
Jamaica Information Service
58a Half-Way Tree Road
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.