Job Information Property Officer Company InformationJob InformationDescription
Applying for this Job?
Job Type Full-time
Category Real Estate
Posted 17-01-2022Job Status
Start Publishing 17-01-2022
Stop Publishing 29-01-2022
National Irrigation Commission Limited
CONTRACT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Property Specialist the Property Officer will provide team support in the survey and valuation of lands impacted by irrigation projects for both acquisition and easements to ensure that land matters are treated with priority for the successful and timely implementation of projects.
The Property Officer will be required to identify parcels of lands impacted by the various projects and liaise with pertinent stakeholders such as property owners, surveyors and government agencies to gather necessary information and attain the required legal documentation for lands identified for the projects of the NIC.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Identify lands impacted by the project area using GIS maps and engineering drawings generated by the project team;
- Determine the requirements for the lands for the project — that is, acquisition or easements or leases;
- Identify and report on any matter that will affect the land requirements as determined;
- Solicit quotations for the conduct of surveys and valuations in keeping with the procurement requirements;
- Monitor the work of the contractors to ensure that works are conducted in accordance with the Terms of Reference;
- Ensure validation of work done by the contractors before preparing the documents for payment;
- Maintain a computerized database of all assets acquired;
- Prepare monthly or other reports as required;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Assistant Property Specialist.
Minimum Requirements for the position:
- Diploma/Degree in Estate Management or Land Surveying or an equivalent certification in a related field of study;
- At least 2 years’ experience in property administration;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with advanced skills with Microsoft Excel;
- Proficiency with relevant property management software is an asset;
- Good interpersonal and negotiating skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- High degree of integrity;
- Flexibility to work outside regular working hours.
- The selected candidate must be in possession of a current Driver's
- Licence and a reliable motor vehicle to facilitate travelling to
- District offices and other parishes.
Applications to include cover letter and detailed resume should be submitted no later than January 28, 2022 to:
The Manager - Human Resources & Industrial Relations
P.0. Box 631
Kingston 6 Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applying for this Job?
Let Career Jamaica’s HR team professionally review, edit and tailor your Resume and Cover letter to give you the best chance for an interview.
Prices start at USD $20