Job Information Programmer Analyst Company InformationJob InformationDescription
Job Type Full-time
Posted 06-12-2021Job Status
Start Publishing 06-12-2021
Stop Publishing 01-01-2022
Applications are invited for the post of: Programmer Analyst
The Programmer Analyst develops, maintains and enhances desktop and web-based application software, so as to effectively meet user needs, defined performance standards, and system requirements. The incumbent provides programming services, support and training to various stakeholders and assists in maintaining the operation, content and integrity of the software/applications that facilitate the University’s business.
The successful candidate should possess a B.Sc. in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent qualification. Technical certification in software development/engineering (e.g. MCSD, Certified Internet Web Professional etc.) is required.
- Two (2) years’ experience in software development for desktop, web-based and mobile environments. This should include programming of business software and maintenance of software options/settings via configuration schemas.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Windows Server, Linux and UNIX operating systems
- Good knowledge of SQL including the ability to write scripts, stored procedures etc.
- Good knowledge of open source technologies related to software development
- Good knowledge of internet and software security policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of graphic and web design techniques
- Good knowledge networking and hardware fundamentals
- Good communication, interpersonal and time management skills
Interested applicants seeking a career opportunity and who meet the specified requirements are invited to submit electronically a job application letter and a detailed resume with subject line Programmer Analyst for consideration to email@example.com by 3:45 p.m. Friday, December 31, 2021 or to:
Vice President and Chief Human Resource Officer
University of Technology, Jamaica
237 Old Hope Road, Kingston 6