Job Information Principal - St. Andrew Preparatory School Company InformationJob Information
Job Type Full-time
Posted 15-05-2022Job Status
Start Publishing 15-05-2022
Stop Publishing 31-05-2022
The Board of Management for St. Andrew Preparatory School in Kingston, owned by the Methodist Church and the United Church of Jamaica and Grand Cayman, is seeking to recruit and appoint a Principal for the academic year 2022/2023 beginning September 1, 2022.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
The candidate should have:
- Postgraduate qualification, at least at the Masters Level, preferably in Educational Administration; and/or Curriculum Studies;
- Persons with a B.Ed who have served in the position of Principal/Vice-Principal of an institution serving the educational needs of children in the 4 to 11+ age group may also be considered.
Major Skills associated with the role of Principal
- The selected candidate should be able to, inter alia: iIn collaboration with the Staff, School Board, Supervisory Officer and other stakeholders develop the School Improvement Plan and other relevant supporting policies;
- Exhibit a positive attitude and strong leadership skills as well as clearly articulate the school's vision and mission;
- Work with staff to initiate and facilitate ongoing curriculum review and development, keeping pace with current educational trends;
- Promote a positive image of the school within the wider community;
- Establish a positive relationship with staff, students, parents (families), School Board and community;
- Utilize financial and human resources to fully accomplish the goals and mission of the school;
- Plan and implement at least one staff development seminar for all staff members each term
- Establish the annual master schedule for instructional programmes, ensuring sequential learning experiences for students consistent with the school’s philosophy, mission statement and instructional goals
- Maintain a positive school climate and school morale.
- As Principal, the candidate selected must be a strong leader, communicator, and facilitator, with the skills and competencies to achieve the school’s vision; ensure that the school thrives in an innovative and modern learning environment while maintaining the high standards and | traditions of the institution.
Please send cover letter including two (2) references and resume to:
Board of Management
St. Andrew Preparatory School
Subject line: Application for POSITION OF PRINCIPAL
Email to: ChairmanSTAPS@amail.com
On request, a full copy of the Principal’s Job Description can be supplied by return email.
The closing date for applications is May 30, 2022.
ONLY SHORTLISTED PERSONS WILL BE CONTACTED.