Applications are invited to fill the vacant post of Operator/Receptionist (OPS/TO 2) at the Houses of Parliament, salary range $625,087 - $743,032 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Under the general supervision of the Facilities and Office Manager, the incumbent will provide telephone operating and receptionist services to the Houses of Parliament.
- Operates the Telephone Switchboard to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing
information, taking messages or scheduling appointments;
- Greets persons entering the establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct them to specific destinations/individuals;
- Listens to and resolves complaints from the general public, if necessary;
- Answers enquiries and obtain information for the general public;
- Provides information about the establishment, such as location of offices and/or employees within the Organization, or services provided;
- Receives all Telephone Bills; identifies, records and dispatches to users for reconciling; receive reconciled bills and process for payment;
- Keeps a current record of staff members' whereabouts and availability;
- Reports telephone faults and defects to the service provider and follow up on remedial actions to be taken;
- Trains relief Telephone Operators;
- Performs any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Good team building skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Four (4) CXC subjects including English Language and a numerate subject
- Certificate/Training in Switchboard Operation
- Training in Customer Service
- One (1) year working experience in related field
Applications accompanied by résumés should be submitted no later than Wednesday October 20, 2021 to:
Clerk to the Houses
Houses of Parliament
81 Duke Street
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.