Job Information Merchandiser - Kingston
Job Type Full-time
Category Manufacturing/WarehouseJob Status
Start Publishing 18-07-2021
Stop Publishing 07-08-2021Description
Key result areas:
- Stocks shelves, counters, tables and refrigerators with products in order to promote sales.
- Ensures all shelves and products are properly dusted and cleaned to reflect the brands’ image.
- Ensures the appropriate prices and bar codes are affixed to products displayed on the store shelves.
- Ensures that all CPJ products delivered to the customer are always available in the shopping area to the consumers.
- Advises Supervisor and Sales Representatives of products not listed in the store that could be added.
- Implements merchandising plan to maximize the sale of products.
- Ensures that products are handled and stored in a manner to minimize damage.
- Ensures that products are displayed in a manner to encourage “first-in, first-out”.
- Ensures the proper use of POP materials
- Observes inventory levels and prompts management to reorder when levels are low.
- Prepares a list of products that are unfit to sell for the Sales Representative to take action.
- Complete reports by observing the display and pricing of competitors' products.
- Gives feedback to the management team as to customer queries and concerns.
- Facilitates customers concerns, in regards to the location of product, price, and use of the merchandise.
- Provides information by reporting growth, expansion, or closing of supermarkets in assigned territory.
- Identifies key goals, objectives, or outcomes of promotional activities.
- Attends inventory counts as determined by the management team.
- Attends meetings and training sessions as requested.
- Maintains quality results by following and enforcing CPJ standards.
- Completes all other duties or tasks that may be assigned or required of the position.
Skills and Specifications
- Driven to meet or exceed consumer expectations.
- Creative thinker, problem solver, takes responsibility, demonstrates personal
integrity and honesty.
- Detailed oriented individual.
- Able to prepare basic reports and use of the appropriate mode of communication.
- Computer literate.
- Understanding merchandising methods and its impact on sales.
- Understanding promotion methods and its impact on sales.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to lift boxes weighing mainly 40 lbs.
- At least High School certification with one to two years related experience
- Prior experience in the retail and consumer trade would be a distinct advantage