Job Information Information Systems Technologist - Level 7 Company InformationJob InformationDescription
Job Type Full-time
Posted 06-12-2021Job Status
Start Publishing 06-12-2021
Stop Publishing 01-01-2022
Applications are invited for the post of: Information Systems Technologist - Level 7
The Information Systems Technologist assists with maintaining and augmenting the University’s network systems, hardware infrastructure and end-user equipment. These facilities include but is not limited to the network routers, network switches, VOIP telephones, data center servers, network storage and end-user equipment.
The successful candidate will possess:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Information & Communication Technology or equivalent qualifications
- Technical Certification at the Associate Level (e.g. Microsoft MCSA, MCSE, Cisco CCENT, CCNA, CompTIA Linux+, Server +, Security +)
- At least four (4) years’ experience in an Information Technology environment, with hands-on experience relevant to the specialized knowledge areas.
- Working knowledge of backup/recovery operations and procedures.
- Knowledge of Avaya IP telephony standards and protocols, inclusive of SIP, H323, etc.
- Working knowledge of Gigabit Network Topology.
- Good knowledge of major Operating Systems including but not limited to Linux, UNIX, Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Server.
- Good knowledge of computer hardware configuration, installation and operation.
- Good knowledge of Avaya telephony equipment, configuration and operation.
- Good knowledge of Information Systems Security principles and practices.
- Excellent communication, time management and customer service skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
Interested applicants seeking a career opportunity and who meet the specified requirements are invited to submit electronically a job application letter and a detailed resume with subject line Information Systems Technologist for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3:45 p.m. Friday, December 31, 2021 or to:
Vice President and Chief Human Resource Officer
University of Technology, Jamaica
237 Old Hope Road, Kingston 6