Job Information ICT Support Officer (MIS/IT 4) Company InformationJob InformationDescription
Company Government of Jamaica
Contact Name Office of the Services Commission
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type Full-time
Department Executive Agency
Posted 23-09-2022Job Status
Start Publishing 23-09-2022
Stop Publishing 08-10-2022
Applications are invited to fill the Vacant post of ICT Support Officer (MIS/IT 4) in the Institute of Forensic Science and Legal Medicine (IFSLM), salary range $1,710,255 – $2,032,920 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
To administer the Network System(s) of the Institute to ensure the continuous availability of network services, security of the network and data, integrity of the individual systems and the overall health of the network.
- Participates in meetings;
- Contributes to development of Strategic\Operational Plans and Budget;
- Develops Individual Work Plan.
- Performs daily administration of the LAN and WAN including system performance, stability, integrity, security and troubleshooting;
- Performs hardware and software upgrades to network servers including operating systems and applications;
- Monitors network performance in order to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future;
- Implements network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware;
- Responses to newly identified security threats, rapidly identify and fix any network devices;
- Helps with the roll out of Desktop PCs; such responsibilities will include software and hardware upgrade planning and the general execution of desktop rollouts;
- Configures, and tests computer hardware, VOIP, networking software and operating system software;
- Recommends changes to improve systems and network configurations and determines hardware or software requirements related to such changes;
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to use own initiative
- Good technical skills
- Ability to perform typical advanced server and network administration skills to include upgrades and maintenance of hardware, operating systems, LAN/WAN, DNS, TCPIP, WINS, DHCP and IIS support functions
- Ability to install, configure and troubleshoot Windows 2003/2008 Servers and active directory
- Knowledge and expertise to formulate develop implement and document network security, backup procedures, disaster recovery plans and conduct systems analysis
- Knowledge of in-house platforms such as Windows 2003/2008 Server, Exchange 2003/2008 Server, ISA 2004 Server and Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition 2
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in an ICT related discipline with two (2) years proven working experience in computer networking; or
- Professional certification in computer networking (MCSA, CCNA);
- One (1) year working experience.
Special Conditions Associated with the Job:
- Will be required to work long hours on weekends and public holidays when the need arises.
Applications accompanied by résumés should be submitted no later than Friday, 30th September, 2022, to:
Senior Director, Human Resource Management, Development and Administration (Acting) Institute of Forensic Science and Legal Medicine
2½ Hope Boulevard
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.