The Jamaica Information Service (JIS), an Executive Agency, invites applications from suitably qualified professionals for the following position: Graphic Artist
Salary range: $1,031,432 - $1,411,240 p.a.
Under the supervision of the Social Media Manager, the Graphic Artist has responsibility to produce high-quality layout, graphic designs and visuals for sets, logos and productions.
- Develops, in conjunction with the Social Media Manager and Social Media News
- Coordinator, ideas for effective and creative graphics and visuals for social media.
- Produces innovative graphics using computerised
equipment and traditional drawing skills, in keeping with clients’ specifications, budgets and schedules.
- Coordinates work with the Social Media
- Manager and Social Media News Coordinator for the effective production of high-quality designs and visuals.
- Maintains a graphics file.
- Liaises with the Social Media Manager and Social Media News Coordinator to develop designs and captions.
- Develops and maintains good re]ationship with stakeholders.
- Performs any other related duties which may be assigned by the Social Media Manager and Social Media News Coordinator.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Certification in computer software such as web or graphic design or other equivalent qualifications.
- Two (2) years’ experience in graphic art and /or design in a social media environment.
- Good organisational, communication and time management skills.
- Knowledge of social media.
- Ability to capture clients’ ideas in a creative way, as well as solve visual problems and challenges.
- Ability to quickly produce graphic material and work within a fast-paced environment.
Applications should be forwarded no later than Friday, July 30, 2021 to the:
Director, Human Resources
Jamaica Information Service
58a Half Way Tree Road
We thank all applicants for their expressions of interest; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.