Job Information Documentation Specialist (Contract) Company InformationJob Information
Company Sagicor Jamaica
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type Contract
Department Sagicor Group Jamaica Ltd.
Posted 06-02-2023Job Status
Start Publishing 06-02-2023
Stop Publishing 10-02-2023
"Looking for a diverse and rewarding career?
If you're looking to grow your career within a stable and growing financial services company, then Sagicor may be right for you!"
Sagicor Group Jamaica Limited is seeking a suitable candidate to join our Disbursement Operations – Finance team in the capacity of: Documentation Specialist (Contract)
As a Documentation Specialist, you will:
- Create and maintain technical documentation for the business processes and systems utilizing data flow requirements and incorporating visuals.
- Work closely with Management team to ensure that all documentation is accurate, up-to-date, and easy to understand.
- Research and transcribe technical documentation for active projects within the department.
- Assist with the development and implementation of user training sessions.
- Create and update procedures document for all roles within the unit.
- Create business role checklists for each role.
- Analyze processes and assist with initiatives geared towards operational efficiency and digital transformation.
- Review and draft policies as the need arises.
- Prepare documentation for submission to the Project Management Team and identified Stakeholders.
- Train and mentor team members on documentation practices and procedures.
- Co-ordinate distribution with Administrative Assistant to ensure that all authorized holders of applications systems documentation are furnished with up-to-date copies.
- Draft User Guides for the various systems from an Accounts Payables and Electronic Disbursement point of view.
- Document Accounting Principles.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Management Studies, or relevant discipline from a recognized tertiary institution.
- At least two (2) years’ working experience in technical writing or documentation.
- Completion of LOMA I and II or prior working experience in administration procedures in the insurance industry would be an asset.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- High proficiency in the use of computer software packages such as word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with business units’ resources and software developers.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex concepts and translate them into easily understandable documents and charts.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Exposure to IBM BlueWork Live or similar applications.
- Knowledge of Business Process Management or Re-engineering would be an asset
If this role is of interest to you, kindly submit an application via Sagicor's career portal no later than February 10, 2023.
While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.