Job Information Database Administrator Company InformationJob InformationDescription
Job Type Full-time
Posted 06-12-2021Job Status
Start Publishing 06-12-2021
Stop Publishing 01-01-2022
Applications are invited for the post of: Database Administrator
The Database Administrator is responsible for the creation and management of UTech, Jamaica’ s application and system databases in Windows/Linux environments using SQL Server or similar Database Management System (DBMS) platforms. Under the directive of the Network and Operating Systems Services Manager, the incumbent focuses on aiding developers with efficient application design and tuning system databases for optimal performance.
The successful candidates should possess:
First degree in Computer Studies/Science with a major in Information Technology or equivalent qualifications.
Technical Certification which includes CompTIA and Microsoft Certifications (in the following areas: Linux +, MCSA SQL Server and MCSA Windows Server)
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a Database Administrator supporting SQL Server or similar DBMS platforms.
- Proven ability to successfully manage database operations including backups, security, user management, performance tuning and client software configuration.
- Working knowledge of Data Mining and Data Archiving processes.
- Detailed knowledge of the principles and practices of applications programming and database management.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Server and Linux/Unix Operating Systems
- Ability to solve complex problems by creating SQL or equivalent programs to extract, transform and load data.
- Ability to document and revise database related designs, standards and operating procedures.
- Good knowledge of Project Management principles and practices.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
Interested applicants seeking a career opportunity and who meet the specified requirements are invited to submit electronically a job application letter and a detailed resume with subject line Database Administrator for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3:45 p.m. Friday, December 31, 2021 or to:
Vice President and Chief Human Resource Officer
University of Technology, Jamaica
237 Old Hope Road, Kingston 6