Job Information Assistant Vice President – Projects, Strategy & Research Company InformationJob Information
Company Sagicor Jamaica
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type Full-time
Department Sagicor Investments Jamaica Ltd.
Posted 19-09-2023Job Status
Start Publishing 19-09-2023
Stop Publishing 29-09-2023
"Looking for a diverse and rewarding career?
If you're looking to grow your career within a stable and growing financial services company, then Sagicor may be right for you!"
Sagicor Investments Jamaica Limited is seeking a suitable candidate to join our Projects, Strategy & Research team in the capacity of: Assistant Vice President – Projects, Strategy & Research
- Assume responsibility as business lead for all strategic projects for Sagicor Investments, inclusive of Sagicor Investments Cayman Limited, to ensure the attainment of the strategic objectives with respect to innovation, digital transformation, client experience and regional expansion.
- Collaborate with Executive Team and play an integral role in developing and implementing the division’s strategic plans and budgets.
- Provide leadership to the Research team in the performance of their duties, in collating economic and financial information from various sources.
- Lead on all strategic projects within the division.
- Act as main liaison between business leads and technical/ project teams.
- Evaluate & innovate the respective automated systems to effect the efficient operations of the company and improve client experience
- Ensure adequate resourcing for projects.
- Implement strategies to improve the use of technology by our clients, team members and advisors.
- Oversee the research team in the execution of their functions:
- Monitor trends within the local and global economy & financial markets.
- Identify and recommend suitable investments across global asset classes for Sagicor Investments clients and provide thorough analyses to support investment recommendations.
- Monitor performance of these investments recommendations and provide periodic reports.
Liaise with members of the Wealth Management team to prepare Investment portfolio proposals designed to meet client financial objectives and risk tolerances with the view to help grow Assets under Management and revenues.
- Observe business trends and conduct risk assessments on investments.
- Identify strategic opportunities for growth locally & regionally.
- Collaborate in the preparation of the department's annual budget for review by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Submit requests for capital and recurring expenditure in line with the approved budget.
- Prepare Business Cases for proposed projects for approval by relevant committees.
- Liaise with the Corporate Strategy Office to ensure strategic alignment with the Group.
- Coach and mentor team members in the performance of their duties.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
What do you need?
- CFA Designation or Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Management, or a related field with at least four (4) years’ working experience in the investments management/ securities trading industry OR a
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or a related field with at least six (6) years’ working experience in the investments management/ securities trading industry.
- Successful completion of a Project Management designation would be an asset.
- At least three (3) years’ working experience at the managerial level.
- Sound knowledge of Investment products and services, procedures and processes.
- Sound understanding of the regulatory environment.
- Ability to carry out thorough analyses.
- Ability to partner across functional areas and work groups to ensure the successful development and delivery of programmes and initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong supervisory and interpersonal skills.
If this role is of interest to you, kindly submit an application via Sagicor's career portal no later than September 22, 2023.
While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.