Applications are invited to fill the vacant post of Administrative Assistant (GMG/AM 4) in the Ministry of Culture, Gender, Entertainment and Sport, salary range $1,467,234 - $1,744,080 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Under the supervision of the National Director, National Cultural and Creative Industries Council Secretariat, the Administrative Assistant is required to support the National Director and Unit in the delivery of efficient and effective administrative and general office procedure services.
- Schedules and prioritises the engagements and appointments for the National Director and advises of matters requiring prompt attention;
- Schedules and co-ordinates internal and external meetings on behalf of the National Director;
- Manages the National Director’s Diary and schedules appointments for meetings etc.;
- Provides administrative and support services to the other Directors in the Secretariat;
- Maintains an effective system that allows security and speedy retrieval of documents/information in accordance with established standards and records all mails received;
- Assists with research in regards to the preparation of conference papers, policy decision and for meetings/discussions, Operational and Work Plans, as well as Quarterly/Monthly status reports on the work of the Secretariat;
- Sorts and distributes correspondence (print and electronic) and assists with the follow-up on special requests made of the National Director.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage external relationships
- Sound knowledge of general office procedures and practices
- Good research and information gathering skills
- Sound knowledge in technical/administrative functions
- Sound knowledge of Government Protocols
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft applications, including spreadsheets, word processing, database management, presentation and other graphics-related programmes
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Associate of Science Degree in Business Studies or its equivalent from an accredited institution;
- Secretarial Diploma/Certificate from a recognized institution would be an asset;
- Five (5) years’ experience in Office Administration.
Special Condition Associated with the Job
- There can be high pressure when deadlines are to be met;
- Required to travel;
- Extended working hours are expected, as well as working on weekends and public holidays.
Applications accompanied by Résumés, should be submitted via email to:
email@example.com, no later than Thursday January 27, 2022 to:
Director, Human Resource Management and Development
Ministry of Culture, Gender, Entertainment and Sport
4-6 Trafalgar Road
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.