Applications are invited from from suitably qualified persons for the role of Support Technician (MIS/IT 3) – (Not Vacant) in the Information and Communication Technology Unit, Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries, salary range $1,103,782 - $1,312,050 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Under the supervision of the Manager, User Support Services (MIS/IT 5), the User Support
Technician (MIS/IT 3) will provide the technical computer support that will allow users within the
Ministry to carry out their functions more efficiently.
- Assists with conducting Risk Assessment to identify user vulnerabilities and makes recommendations to User Support Services Manager;
- Assists in the monitoring of the network and its components to prevent illegal or dangerous activities that could compromise the network;
- Attends meetings and events, as required by the Ministry;
- Administers In-house Training of staff in the use of Computer Software Systems or Hardware Devices;
- Prepares and submits manuals and documentation related to training and training needs;
- Prepares and submits Monthly Support Report for submission to the User Support Services Manager within agreed timeframe;
- Logs all support requests within the relevant platform available to the ICT Unit within specified timeframe;
- Assists in the monitoring and logging of files and updates Manual Documentation for computer and/or Asset Inventories within the Ministry;
- Conducts and submits Quarterly Asset Inventory Audit to ensure compliance and assignment locations of these devices;
- Keeps abreast of new and emerging ICT trends, tips and development through the use of relevant
- Information Technology platforms;
- Submits report and makes recommendation to User Support Services Manager regarding new device specifications, in order to optimize equipment used by specific user groups.
- Addresses hardware, software and end user equipment malfunctions as requested;
- Installs and configures Computer Hardware and Software to ensure functionality of end user devices;
- Performs routine preventative maintenance at least on a quarterly basis or as request by User
- Support Services Manager or Director, ICT;
- Ensures that all computers are protected by installed and configured Anti-Virus or AntiSpyware Software.
- Troubleshoots and addresses computer defects as identified by User Support Services Manager or
- Ministry staff as requested;
- Reviews, addresses and troubleshoots Network User Operations.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Director, ICT.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Good oral and written communication
- Planning and organizing
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer and quality focus
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Microsoft Projects
- Hardware troubleshooting and repairs
- Software troubleshooting and configuration
- Network essentials
- B. Sc. in Engineering, Computer Science or related field from a recognized Tertiary
- Associate Degree/Diploma in Engineering, Computer Science or related field and one (1) year experience in a similar position.
Special Condition Associated with the Job
- Exposure to electrical components and circuits.
- May be required to physically transport or relocate computer and computer related equipment from time to time.
- May be required to examine cables in a dusty or elevated environment.
Applications accompanied by résumés should be submitted no later than Friday April 23, 2021 to:
Human Resource Management and Development Division
Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.