THE EARLY CHILDHOOD COMMISSION
The Early Childhood Commission (ECC) an agency of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Information with responsibility to regulate the operation of Early Childhood Institutions, is seeking to identify highly motivated and dynamic individuals to fill the following post:
SENIOR INSPECTOR (GMG/SEG 2) - REGIONS 3 & 7
Purpose of Job
Reporting to the Director, Regulations & Monitoring, the Senior Inspector is required to provide leadership to the inspectorate corps by setting and maintaining standards for work performance. He/she will oversee the inspection of early childhood institutions by supervising, co-coordinating, organizing and prioritizing the work of Inspectors and providing technical guidance. The Senior Inspector is also responsible for ensuring quality control of the inspection process and the resolution of sensitive field situations. He/she is also responsible to ensure that the inspection process is independent, open, fair and responsive to needs of the early childhood sector.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Assists with the establishment of policies and procedures for the inspection process.
- Assists with the development of departmental operational plans and budgets including making recommendations regarding staffing requirements.
- Co-ordinates inspection visits, develops a portfolio listing of ECls and assigns Inspectors according to geographic delineation
- Supervises Inspectors in the field and meets with Inspectors to ensure quality control and technical consistency of work and identify and resolve issues and problems in conducting assignments
- Conducts audit inspection visits.
- Reviews inspection reports and recommends to the Commission:
institutions which are eligible for registration and Permits to Operate;
- time - scales for compliance with the Act and Regulations for those institutions which have been granted permits to operate;
- institutions which should be closed due to breaches of the law.
- Responds to questions and complaints regarding the implementation of the Act,
- Regulations, Standards inspection schedules, inspection results and compliance requirements.
- Confers with Attorneys at Law regarding legal issues such as infractions of the law and appeals.
- Represents the Commission in the Courts of law or before the Independent Appeals Tribunal in the case of infractions of the Act.
- Prepares departmental management and performance reports
- Assess staff training requirements on an on-going basis and ensures provision of structured training programmes and on-the-job coaching to develop knowledge and skills.
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- MSc. In Early Childhood Development, Education, Social Sciences or a related discipline
Five (5) years working experience in early childhood development or related field including three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory or management capacity.
Remuneration: Salary Scale $2,124,589.00 - $2,525,467.00 per annum, and any other allowances attached to the post
Written application along with detailed Curriculum Vitae should be submitted no later than Friday, April 30, 2021 fo:
Manager, Human Resources & Administration
The Early Childhood Commission
Shops 45-49 Kingston Mall
8-10 Ocean Boulevard, Kingston
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants; however, only persons who are shortlisted will be contacted.