THE ELECTORAL COMMISSION OF JAMAICA
Invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the post of: PARA-LEGAL OFFICER (Head Office, Kingston)
Under the supervision of the Director, Legal Affairs, the incumbent will:
- Conduct general legal research and prepare legal opinions on matters concerning the Representation of the People Act (ROPA), the Local Governance Act and the Registration of Titles Act.Check files to ensure that required documents have been prepared and executed.
- Determine action to be taken after consultation with Legal Officer.
- Undertake general office duties and maintain records of correspondences dispatched within the Unit.
- Draft and review pleadings such as Lease and Licence Agreements and Procurement contracts.
- Execute searches and prepare sundry reports as requested
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor of Laws Degree from a recognized and/or accredited institution
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies is a definite asset
- Thorough knowledge of legal principles and practices
- Thorough knowledge of legal research techniques
- Knowledge of local laws and regulations
- Experience in a similar capacity is a plus
Employment will be on a fixed term contract three (3) months.
Applications should be submitted by
Friday August 7, 2020 to:
Human Resource Management
P.O. Box 671, G.P.O.,
We thank all applicants for their interest but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.