Member Support Unicorn (Work from home)
Would you like to help us grow to become the world’s best and most recognized design school? At the Interaction Design Foundation, we’ve helped more than 75,000 graduates around the world improve their skillsets and careers. Our ever-growing community now needs a Member Support Unicorn to help them along their learning journeys.
What can we offer?
- A full-time, fully remote position with the world’s biggest online design school.
- Regular video-based contact with your colleagues and getting to meet them on team trips 1–2 times a year in different places on the planet.
- The chance to impact the lives of tens of thousands of designers around the world and put smiles on their faces as you ease their learning journeys.
- The opportunity to do the best work of your life—if you’re willing to invest hard work.
- A culture of learning and excellence—coupled with care and respect.
What will you be doing?
- You will help us achieve our vision to become the best and most recognized design school on the planet. We’re not just saying that. We mean it very seriously, and we’ve come a long way on that road.
- Ahead of you is a highly rewarding and enriching journey on which you will make an impact as you:
- Correspond daily with our existing and prospective members across multiple channels, answer their questions and solve their problems.
- Act as an ambassador of our brand and maintain our excellent reputation. It’s a big responsibility but also a very rewarding one!
- Work with the development and editorial teams to improve the user experience of the platform.
- Help optimize our work processes.
- Become our virtual face and often the first point of contact that people have with our community. So, you will be an essential part of our team—someone who directly helps our foundation grow further and further!
- Our community is at the heart of what we do, and we put a colossal effort into serving them as best we can. That’s why we’re looking for a talented and hard-working Member Support Unicorn who has an eye for detail, an empathic nature to help people, and a natural drive for perfection.
- Alongside providing support to our community, if you’re hungry to develop yourself professionally, you’ll find huge potential to enjoy growing in other areas. In fact, you can see this role symbolized nicely in our logo: We revolve around growth and setting knowledge free—and need the right person to help our members find growth and enlightenment even more easily!
- Overall, if you’re ready to help our community and, in turn, change the future of education, then congratulations—you’ve come to the right place!
- You have several years’ experience in providing email-based customer or member support.
- You are able to take an individual’s wants and needs and answer them with a logical solution.
- You know what ownership of a task means and how to deliver it.
- You have outstanding communication skills and the ability to make other people smile.
- You get excited about helping others and feeling their gratitude.
- You are a master with words and have a meticulous eye.
- You are fluent in written English.
- You have great social intelligence and the ability to engage well with many types of people.
- You have a strong sense of empathy, to calm anxious individuals and understand the urgency of their questions.
- You are resilient and have the ability to bounce back when things aren’t going according to plan, providing solutions along the way.
You get bonus points if you …
- have experience as a team lead.
- have experience working remotely.
- are already a member of the Interaction Design Foundation.
- have a passion for or are proficient in, design.