The prestigious and highly competitive Global Korea Scholarship 2021 is now open for applications. The GKS 2021 was previously known as KGSP Korean Government Scholarship Program. Global Korea Scholarship 2021 in South Korea is a fully-funded scholarship for master’s and Ph.D. degree programs. This international scholarship in Korea is sponsored by the Korean government. The KGSP 2021 will select 1278 international students from 155 countries who want to who wish to pursue a graduate-level degree (master’s or doctoral) or research in Korea.
All selected students will be placed at different universities in South Korea. Korean Ministry of Education aims to increase the international exchanges and competitiveness. There are more than 104,000 international students who have been on this Korean scholarship since 2016.
Fields are not limited, all candidates would get plenty of options to pursue their career. There are two ways to apply for this international scholarship, either submitting their documents to the Korean Embassy of their country or directly to the domestic university of Korea.
Why one should study in South Korea? As compared to the European countries, South Korea offers well-prepared scholarships, cheap living expenses, and accommodation costs. Moreover, all international students build cross-cultural understanding, explore international laboratories, and experience different cities of South Korea.
Global Korea Scholarship 2021 | Study in Korea:
- South Korea
- Master’s Degree Programs
- PhD Programs
- Research Programs
Available Universities and Field of Study:
- Refer to the ‘2021 GKS-G Available Universities & Fields of Study’ file attached in the Application Guidelines for general information. Contact each university for further information.
GKS Scholarship Duration:
- Doctoral Degree Program: 4 years
- 1 year of the Korean language program
- 3 years of the regular degree program
- Master’s Degree Program: 3 years
- 1 year of the Korean language program
- 2 years of a degree program
- Research Program: 6 Months
Benefits of the Korean Government Scholarship 2021:
The fully-funded scholarship in South Korea will cover all expenses of the selected students. The scholarship will cover:
- Airfare (Return Air Ticket)
- Settlement Allowance: 200,000 KRW (offered once after entry to Korea)
- Monthly Allowance: (Degree Program) 900,000 KRW per month, (Research Program) 1,500,000 KRW per month
- Research Allowance
- Liberal Arts and Social Science majors: 210,000 KRW per semester
- Natural Science and Engineering majors: 240,000 KRW per semester
- 1-Year Korean Language Training Fee: Fully covered
- Degree Program Tuition: Fully covered
- Thesis (Dissertation) Printing Fee Reimbursement
- Medical Insurance: 20,000 KRW per month
- Degree Completion Grants: 100,000 KRW
- Korean Proficiency Grants: 100,000 KRW per month
Eligibility Criteria of Global Korea Scholarship 2021 in South Korea:
- All international students can apply.
- Korean citizens are not eligible to apply.
- A candidate applying for a graduate program must be under the age of 40 years.
- A candidate applying for a graduate program must have a high bachelor’s or master’s degree and 90% marks.
- A person who has already availed of the Korean scholarship is not eligible to apply.
- A candidate should be in good health.
How to Apply for Global Korea Scholarship 2021?
There are two ways to apply for the Korean Government Scholarship Program 2021. Either to the Korean Embassy of your country or directly to the domestic university of Korea.
- While applying to the Korean embassy, a candidate needs to dispatch original or attested documents to the embassy.
- On the other hand, applying directly to the university requires a candidate to submit all documents to the domestic university.
- An applicant applying via embassy can apply in 3 universities whereas an applicant applying directly to the university can apply only in 1 university.
- Students passing round two of the Embassy track process should not consider it the final selection.
Required Documents for GKS South Korea Scholarship 2021:
- Recommendation letters
- Attested transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Published books
- Certificate of Proficiency
- Medical Assessment form
- Every countries’ Korean embassy and the domestic university has different deadlines, so hurry up and apply as soon as possible.
For more information about the Global Korea Scholarship 2021 in South Korea - Click Here