An established household name in the Windows and Doors space is seeking to recruit a General Manager to join their management team.
The successful candidate will be involved in the strategic planning and implementation process. The individual will be critical in embedding a ‘customer first’ culture and will be required to be creative in the development of strategies to improve productivity and drive profitability.
The General Manager's day-to-day involves overseeing all staff, and operations of the local business, the directing and coaching of department supervisors, developing departmental budgets and objectives, monitoring sales, trends, and inventory, crafting strategies to reduce expenses and increase sales, and overseeing equipment maintenance. Ultimately, you'll help our company grow and thrive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Continuous review of departmental practices and prepare/present reports outlining department needs, industry best practices, strategic goals, and financial and departmental objectives.
- Prudent management of all financial and other assets including budgetary control
- Design strategy and set targets and goals
- Attends Board Meetings and develop strategic plans for the company inclusive of long and short term goals and objectives for key result areas.
- Implement decisions passed by the board
- Set and monitor sales, production, and revenue collection targets.
- Co-develop, implement and monitor progress towards the realization of short-term operational goals and more medium and long-term strategic
- Ensure organizational structure is efficient for the effective delivery of service.
- Approves employment, training, development, promotion, deployment and termination of staff in keeping with the overall direction of the company.
- Liaise with key departments including Purchasing and Marketing to ensure that inventory levels are maintained in line with sales and marketing trends.
- Actively research, propose and roll out more effective ways to execute good customer service practices.
- Be commercially aware and identify opportunities to pre-empt or tackle threats as they arise.
- Develop and embed a sales-oriented culture that allows for the implementation of revenue-generating initiatives and cost-saving measures.
- Oversee equipment maintenance schedule and review equipment needs.
- Negotiate with third-party sources regarding labour relations and operational contracts/ engagements.
- Be a role model to all persons and oversee teams by espousing and encouraging a high degree of ownership of the company’s values, vision, and operational activities.
- Oversee the performance of the supervisory teams: guide and coach supervisors in effectively performing their duties and achieving departmental and company goals; record and manage personnel performance; appraise supervisors regularly of their performance.
- Manage the recruitment, training and mentorship of operational supervisors.
- Develop and manage the key performance indicators for the operational departments.
- Ensure that all team members comprehend and adhere to the various rules which govern their actions including but not limited to statutory regulations, health and safety rules, and company rules and regulations.
Education, Experience & Core Competencies
- BSc. or MSc. degree in Business, Management or related discipline
- Proven experience as a General Manager or similar executive role
- At least 10 years experience at the senior management level
- Proven experience overseeing and developing a team is preferred
- Strong social skills, with the ability to communicate to persons at all levels within the organization and across the group of companies
- Strong negotiation skills
- Impressive organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Proficiently computer literate with a very good grasp of various information systems along with Microsoft Office
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and put plans into action based on detailed and accurate analyses.
- High level of integrity and reliability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation.
- To be successful in this role, you should be a thoughtful leader and a confident decision-maker, helping our people develop and be productive while | ensuring our profits are on the rise and our customers are satisfied.
Interested candidates can submit their application and : resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.