Economic Statistician, Statistics Department, Research and Economic Programming Division
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to resource the Research and Economic Programming Division as Economic Statistician, Secondary Statistics Unit, Statistics Department, Research and Economic Programming Division.
Reporting to the Senior Economist, Secondary Statistics Unit, Statistics Department, Research and Economic Programming Division, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the collection and validation of financial and non-financial secondary data.
- Preparing secondary data in keeping with established quality standards and within the requisite timeframe.
- Preparing files for the CDMS and ensuring that the data contained is accurately converted into the required file format from source files received from data providers.
- Updating and validating all files used by sector experts in the categories of – inflation, real sector, international economy, monetary, fiscal, payment system, and exempt distribution.
- Compiling series for each market activity indicator reflected in reports such as NIR and Financial Markets reports.
- Preparing, updating and validating time series from data on BOJ’s balance sheet and profit & loss statement (various versions i.e GL report, current account trial balance).
- Preparing, updating and validating data on currency issue and redemption by institution received from the Currency department.
- Preparing, updating and validating weekly and monthly balance sheet data and supplemental reports for all individual DTIs.
- In conjunction with the Data Management and Dissemination Section, updating and revising metadata and methodological notes for existing and new secondary statistics.
- Liaising with external agencies and data providers such as public sector agencies, financial and non-financial corporate institutions to enhance the flow of data and all relevant information to the Bank.
- Preparing responses to comments and queries from subject matter experts/end-users in relation to secondary data collected.
- Providing support with conducting research.
- Performing any other duties consistent with the nature of the job.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate Degree in Statistics /Economics/Finance/ or other related discipline.
- Certificates of participation in Money and Financial Statistics would be an asset.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Knowledge of monetary and macro-financial statistics, macro and micro Economics
- Knowledge of economic and financial analysis
- Knowledge of the sources of statistical data collection/survey methods
- Sound knowledge of research techniques/methods
- Excellent graphical skills across various electronic platforms
- Good human relations skills
- Excellent communication skills
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB
- Generally agreeable
- Modern office environment
- Exposed to highly confidential information
- Required to display a high level of integrity and professionalism
- Occasionally, required to work beyond normal working hours in order to meet deadlines.
- Works long hours with numbers and computers
Interested persons who meet the above requirements should complete the application form with cover letter and full resume no later than Tuesday, 13 April 2021.
NB. Only short-listed candidates will be able to access the panel interview.