The Jamaica National Heritage Trust a Statutory Agency of the Ministry of Culture, Gender, Entertainment & Sport seeks to fill the vacancy of
Director, Public Education, Public Relation & Communication
(Salary range $2,023,418 – 2,405,208 in addition to any applicable allowance).
Reporting to the Executive Director the Director, Public Education, Public Relation and Communication will be responsible for Developing, planning, coordinating, executing and managing communication strategies and activities to promote and advance the interest and reputation of the Jamaica National Heritage Trust (JNHT) by effectively representing its policies, programmes, services and activities to the general public as well as internal and external stakeholders.
The office also has responsibility for engaging in island wide partnerships with communities, organizations, special interest groups and educators, as well as conservation and heritage preservation organizations to create programmes that promote an understanding and appreciation of the Jamaican heritage and the role the organization plays in the preservation of the tangible and intangible heritage.
KEY RESPONSIBILITES & COMPETENCIES
- Participate in the JNHT’s Strategic Planning process – prepare and monitor the department’s operational plan and budget ensuring the functions of the department are executed according to plan and agreed targets achieved.
- Provide guidance/advise on communication, public education and public relation mattersHighly developed written and oral communication skills.
- Support the establishment of Heritage Foundations in communities which are representative of all Parishes of Jamaica.
- Formulate, implement, and manage public education programmes utilizing the mass media and public forums to foster greater understanding and public awareness of our tangible and intangible heritage and the activities of the JNHT in the preservation of this heritage.
- Develop and implement effective communication strategies/activities to maintain a continuous flow of information and a positive relationship between the JNHT and its stakeholders; as well as to sensitize employees about policy decisions, activities, and development within the Trust.
- Mange the welfare and development of direct reports through the preparation of performance appraisals and recommendation of required training and development programmes.
- Sound knowledge of public relation/education techniques, practices and procedures.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to think strategically and critically
- The ability to prioritize among conflicting demands, solve business problems and make rational decisions.
- High level of initiative, professionalism, good work ethics, strong leadership and management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations
- Superior organizational, customer service, human relation and interpersonal skills.
- Must be an effective team leader and team player that has the ability to build a successful team, delegate responsibilities, develop employees’ talents and motivate staff.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communications or any related field
- Certificate in Project Management & Events Planning would be an asset
- Minimum of four (4) years experience as a communication practitioner
Application along with resume should be sent no later than
Friday, August 7, 2020 to:
“Director, Public Education, Public Relation & Communication”
c/o Jamaica National Heritage Trust
79 Duke Street