Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the vacant post of Chief Executive Officer (Level 11 - Grade 1) in the National Land Agency (NLA), salary range $9,064,015 - $9,819,345 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) reports to the Minister of Economic Growth and Job Creation for the efficient and effective management of the Agency in accordance with overall government policy and the Agency’s Framework Document and Annual Business Plan. The CEO provides the leadership and initiative required to sustain and further advance the NLA as an effective and interbred operational entity.
The Chief Executive Officer also holds the post of the Commissioner of Lands.
- Leads in the development of a Vision, Mission and policies;
- Determines the most appropriate and efficient method, techniques and processes to be utilized in achieving the Agency’s programme;
- Reviews and approves schedules of activities for projects included in the Agency’s programme;
- Provides advice and support to the management team and Minister;
- Maintains effective working relationships with the Minister of Housing, Urban Renewal,
- Environment and Climate Change and other Government and Private Sector entities;
- Establishes and maintains effective external relationships (Regional and International);
- Prepares correspondence in respect of Divisional concerns and critical queries from the public;
- Oversees structures that assesses and improves customer service and satisfaction;
- Prepares reports on activities performed in keeping with established guidelines;
- Represents the Agency at Local, Regional and International events as required.
- Oversees the Human Resources and Administration functions;
- Oversees the recruitment of certain permanent and contract employees;
- Oversees the compensation process such as approving compensation budgets and revisions for operating posts;
- Ensures the conduct of performance appraisal in accordance with PMAS guidelines.
Budgetary and Financial:
- Approves the implementation of financial auditing processes as required;
- Monitors the Agency’s Operational Plan and Budget, ensuring that organisational mandate is achieved;
- Approves systems of costing and pricing of the Agency’s products and services;
- Approves requisitions submitted for new and existing commitments;
- Ensures that financial and fiduciary reporting and statutory obligations are signed and submitted within the approved schedule.
Business Development and Strategic Planning:
- Leads the Agency’s Strategic Planning process;
- Approves Strategic and Operational Plans with accompanying Budgets;
- Maintains oversight of the Agency’s preferred Corporate image;
- Performs other related duties assigned from time to time by the Minister.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellence in analysis and evaluation
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Business acumen
- Ability in team building
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in Estate Management or related area from a recognized Tertiary institution;
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration/Public Administration would be an asset;
- Ten (10) years related working experience, five (5) years of which should be in a senior management position;
- Training in Property Tax Administration;
- Fellow of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
Special Conditions Associated with the Job
- Position entails sitting for long hours;
- Irregular work hours;
- Prolonged periods of concentration;
- Island-wide and international travel.
Applications accompanied by résumés should be submitted no later than Friday, 16 th April, 2021 to:
Chief Personnel Officer
Office of the Services Commissions (Central Government)
Ministry of Finance and the Public Service Complex
30 National Heroes Circle
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.