Applications are invited from suitably qualified opersons to fill the vacant post of Accounting Clerk 2 (FMG/AC2) in the Parish Court, Hanover, Court Administration Division (CAD), Supreme Court, salary range $754,259 - $896,577 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
- Co-ordinates and oversees the day to day operation of collection and securing of all monies that are dealt with in the Court Office.
- Collects and records fines, suitors money, compensation, cash bond for bail, Court cost, miscellaneous revenue and maintenance money on a daily basis;
- Prepares written receipts for money paid for Affiliation;
- Prepares written receipts for Fines collected;
- Processes Fines for Traffic Court on assigned days;
- Posts transaction in the Cash Books;
- Posts all written Affiliation cheques in the Affiliation Cash Book;
- Posts all Suitors transactions in the Suitors Cash Book;
- Prepares Commitments and Affiliation Warrants;
- Assists with the preparation of Lodgements;
- Writes Suitors and Maintenance cheques;
- Answers queries from the general public regarding Court procedures, appearances, and dates, adjournments and outstanding Warrants;
- Performs any other related duties assigned by supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Good customer service skills
- Good communication (i.e. oral, written and presentations) skills;
- Ability to pay strict attention to detail
- Ability to exercise a high level of integrity and confidentiality on the job;
- Ability to manage own time effectively
- Ability to work in a team;
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Four (4) CXC or GCE ‘O’ Level passes including a numeric subject and English Language;
- Certificates in Accounting from Post-Secondary institutions and in-service training courses in Government Accounting and Voucher Preparation are assets.
Applications accompanied by Résumés should be submitted no later than Monday, 12th April, 2021 to:
Human Resource Management and Administration
Court Administration Division
The Towers, 8th Floor
25 Dominica Drive
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.