Permanent Secretaries, Heads of Department and Chief Executive Officers are asked to invite
applications from suitably qualified officers in their Ministries/Departments/Agencies to be assigned to the post of Accounting Clerk 2 (FMG/AC 2) – (Not Vacant) in the Research and Development Division, Bodles Old Harbour, St. Catherine, Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries, salary range $754,259 – 896,577 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Under the supervision of the Professional Accountant (FMG/PA 2) the Accounting Clerk
(FMG/AC 2) is responsible for maintaining all Statutory Deduction Records and to ensure that all
payments for Personal and Statutory Deductions are correct in keeping with Government Policies
and the FAA Act.
- Prepares and posts all deductions from Earning Records to the relevant Cards;
- Prepares Annual Returns for Statutory Deductions;
- Prepares and maintains deduction control by sorting and collecting figures from Summary Sheets;
- Certifies vouchers for payments of deductions;
- Assists in the preparation of Bank Reconciliation Statement;
- Maintains and updates Gas Register;
- Performs any other related duties assigned by Professional Accountant (FMG/PA 2).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the operations of Government and knowledge of the Ministry’s Policies and Procedures
- Good customer relations skills
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Four (4) CXC or GCE ‘O’ Level passes including a numeric subject and English Language;
- Certificates in Accounting from Post-Secondary institutions and in-service training courses
in Government Accounting and Voucher Preparation are assets.
Applications accompanied by résumés should be submitted no later than Friday April 23, 2021 to:
Human Resource Management and Development Division
Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.